quarta-feira, 22 de junho de 2011

Iron Craft Challenge #25 - Scan This!

(It points to this blog)

Esta semana o tema sao os novos e muito populares codigos de barras quadrados (QR Codes), que podem ser lidos por aplicacoes para telefones. No site QR Stuff podem criar-se estes codigos gratis que podem conter enderecos electronicos, texto, imagens, sites, etc.
Primeiro pensei em fazer algo em costura, mas como tiramos um fim de semana grande para visitar familia, optei por algo mais simples e rapido. Os codigos sao perfeitos para ponto cruz e foi o que fiz. A minha ideia era entao coser o codigo numa das minhas bolsas de tricot ou numa mochila mas, infelizmente o leitor nao consegue ler o meu codigo depois de feito. Penso que sera muito pequeno e pouco claro, talvez. Mas aqui fica. Nao tenho tempo para fazer um maior a tempo, mas hei-de tentar outra vez. :)



This week the theme are the very popular QR Codes, que square codes that can be found on countless items these days and can be easily read by phone apps. On the QR Stuff site you can create free codes that point to text, pictures, sites, e-mail, etc.
At first I was leaning towards a sewing project, but since we took a long weekend to visit with family I had to opt for something a little quicker and easier. These codes are perfect for cross stitching and so that is what I did. My idea was then to sew it onto one of my knitting bags or a backpack but, unfortunately, my reader can't read the the stitched code. I'm thinking it's too small and therefore not clear enough maybe. But here it is, I don't have time to make a bigger one but I'll try again sometime. :)

1 comentário:

  1. Yeah it could be the size of the stitched scrunching them up too much. I helped Thing 2 do his & we used a pretty big woven fabric.

    ResponderEliminar